Canadian Government’s Covid-19 Border Requirements
Full Information: COVID-19: Travel, testing and borders
All travellers entering Canada must follow rules set out by the emergency orders under the Quarantine Act. This is to limit the spread of COVID-19 and variants in Canada.
Prior to arrival to Canada, all travellers by air and land are required to submit COVID-19-related information electronically using the ArriveCAN app. Unless otherwise exempt, these travellers are required to:
- confirm they have arrived at a government-authorized hotel or the address they provided for their place of quarantine or isolation within 48 hours of entering Canada; and,
- complete a daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessment during their 14-day quarantine period.
Travellers are informed upon entry of the compliance monitoring and verification activities, which include:
- calls from an agent
- interactive automated calls
- in-person visits
Travellers are also informed upon entry of the possible consequences of non-compliance, and the enforcement actions and penalties they could face.
Visitor Information Centre – Open Year Round
We’ll help you find the right place to stay, dine, shop and play and help you plan your visit.
- September to May – Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
- Mid-June to Labour Day – Monday to Saturday, 8am to 4pm; Sunday 11 to 4pm
Location: 1-81 Crescent Street, Grand Bend (Main Street & Highway 21)
Phone: 519-238-2001 / 1-888-338-2001
- Medical / Fire / Police: 911
- Ontario Provincial Police: 1-800-310-1122
HOSPITALS / CLINICS
- South Huron Hospital – Emergency Department, 24 Huron St. W., Exeter, 519-235-2700
- Clinton Public Hospital – Emergency Department, 98 Shipley St., Clinton, 519-482-3440
- Alexandra Marine & General Hospital – Emergency Department, 120 Napier St., Goderich, 519-524-8323
- MD Connected Walk In Clinic, 29 King St. W., Forest, 1-877-406-9362 (Wednesday to Saturday 10am-2pm)
- Grand Bend & Area Community Health Centre 69 Main St. E., 519-238-2362 (Saturday 9am-11:30am only)
- South Huron Medical Centre, 23 Huron St. W., 519-235-3343, Exeter (Weekdays 3:45pm-6:45pm / Weekends 10:45am-1:45pm)
- Lucan Medical Clinic, 268 Main St. Lucan 519-227-1163 (Thursday mornings 8:30am-12:30pm) NOTE: These hours may change in July
Any medical question can be made to Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000.
- Exeter: Exeter Cleaning Centre, 342 Main St. S.,
- Forest: iPM Living Laundromat, 5 James St. N.
- Grand Bend: Angie’s Laundromat, 48 Ontario St. N., Best’s Laundromat,345 Ontario St. S.
- Hensall: Coin Laundry, 98 King St.
- Ipperwash: Arbor Acres Plaza on West Ipperwash Road.
- Port Franks: Northville Laundromat, 9755 Northville Cresc.
- Bluewater Taxi, 519-565-2700
- Clinton Taxi, 519-482-7433
- Grace Taxi, 519-317-8294
- Huron Taxi, 519-482-1100
- Star Taxi, 519-238-STAR (7827)
- That Girl Taxi, 519-238-1080
Huron Shores Area Transit (HSAT) provides bus service to Ailsa Craig, Bayfield, Dashwood, Exeter, Forest, Goderich, Grand Bend, Kettle & Stoney Point FN and Parkhill and from the region to and from London, Sarnia and Strathroy. For outes and rates, visit HuronShoresAreaTransit.ca.
- Bayfield: Bayfield Garage (Esso) – 9 Main St. S.; GoCo – 34023 Mill Rd.; Esso – 89 Main St. S. and 9 Main St. S.
- Clinton: Mac’s – 89 Albert St.; Shell – 238 Albert St.
- Exeter: Esso – 544 Main St. S.; MacEwen – 198 Main St. N.; Shell – 119 Main St. N.; Canco – 51 Main St. N., Pioneer Gas – 204 Main St. N.
- Forest: Esso – 73 Main St. S.
- Grand Bend: Esso – Ontario St. S.; Canco – 71146 Bluewater Hwy.
- Hensall: Shell – 80 London Rd. (Hwy. 4)
- Kettle & Stony Point: Al’s Gas & Variety – 9401 W. Ipperwash Rd.; Gas & Convenience – 7119 Lakeshore Rd.
- Port Franks / Northville: Goco – 8565 Lakeshore Rd.; MacPherson’s 8512 Lakeshore Rd.
- St. Joseph: Mobil – Hwy 21 & County Road 84
- Thedford: GoCo – 78 Main St.
- Zurich: Petro Line – 29 Main St.
- Libro Credit Union, 7130 Arkona Rd. (County Road 79), 519-828-3971, full service branch.
- Bank of Montreal, 400 Main St. S., full service branch, ATM.
- CIBC, 44 Thames Rd. E., 519-235-1050, full service branch, ATM.
- Libro Credit Union, 87 Main St. N., 519-235-0640, full service branch, ATM.
- President’s Choice Financial (inside The Independent), ATM only.
- RBC Royal Bank, 226 Main St. S., 519-235-2111, full service branch, ATM.
- Scotiabank, 280 Main St. S., 519-235-1142, full service branch, ATM
- CIBC, 2 King St. W., 519-786-2356, full service branch, ATM.
- Libro Credit Union, 89 King St. W., ATM only.
- RBC Royal Bank, 7 King St. E., 519-786-2131, full service branch, ATM.
- TD Canada Trust, 15 King St. E., 519-786-2185, full service branch, ATM.
- Bank of Montreal, 6 Ontario St N, 519-238-2381, full service branch, ATM.
- Manulife, 21 Ontario St. N., ATM inside Circle K Convenience Store.
- Pinery Market,10163 Lakeshore Rd. (Highway21), no name ATM
- TD Canada Trust, 24 – 81 Crescent St., 519-238-8435, full service branch, ATM.
- CIBC, 244 Main St., 519-294-6291, full service branch, ATM.
- Main Street Credit Union, 260 Main St., 519-294-6277, full service branch, ATM
Other than the ATM locations at major banks and credit unions, here’s a list of seasonal locations:
- The Dairy Dip – outside of
- Dairy Queen – outside of
- Kazwear – outside of
- Circle K Convenience Store
- The Growling Gator
- Willies Beach Bar
Port Franks / Northville: Grog’s Pub & Grill and MacPherson’s Restaurant (both located inside)
Ipperwash / Kettle Point: Gas & Convenience (7119 Lakeshore Rd.), Al’s Gas & Variety (9401 W Ipperwash Rd,) and Arbor Acres Plaza (both on West Ipperwash Road).