Visitor Information Centre – Open Year Round
We’ll help you find the right place to stay, dine, shop and play and help you plan your visit.
- September to May – Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
- June to Labour Day – Monday to Saturday, 10am to 6pm; Sunday Noon to 5pm
Location: 1-81 Crescent Street, Grand Bend (Main Street & Highway 21)
Phone: 519-238-2001 / 1-888-338-2001
Email: [email protected]
- Medical / Fire / Police: 911
- Ontario Provincial Police: 1-800-310-1122
HOSPITALS / CLINICS
- South Huron Hospital – Emergency Department, 24 Huron St. W., Exeter;
- Clinton Public Hospital – 98 Shipley St., Clinton;
- Alexandra Marine & General Hospital, 120 Napier St., Goderich
- MD Connected Walk In Clinic, 29 King St. W., Forest, 1-877-406-9362 (Wednesday to Saturday 10am-2pm)
- Grand Bend & Area Community Health Centre 69 Main St. E., 519-238-2362 (Saturday 9am-11:30am only, on a first come first served basis)
- South Huron Medical Centre, 23 Huron St. W., 519-235-3343, Exeter (Weekdays 3:45pm-6:45pm / Weekends 10:45am-1:45pm)
- Lucan Medical Clinic, 268 Main St. Lucan 519-227-1163 (Thursday mornings 8:30am-12:30pm) NOTE: These hours may change in July
Any medical question can be made to Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000.
- Grand Bend: 345 Ontario Street South AND 48 Ontario Street North.
- Ipperwash Beach: Located at Arbor Acres Plaza on West Ipperwash Road.
- That Girl Taxi Services at 519-238-1080, transportationservicesgrandbend.ca
- Star Taxi at 519-238-STAR (7827), startaxi.ca.
On December 14, 2020, Huron Shores Area Transit (HSAT) launched serving towns, villages and hamlets in the municipalities of Lambton Shores, Bluewater, Kettle & Stony Point First Nation, North Middlesex and South Huron.
Four transit routes support local residents moving within the region as well as connecting the region to Sarnia and London. Individual bus stops based on resident and business needs support area shopping, leisure, medical, and social activities. The core routes run daily Monday to Sunday and Monday to Friday; accessory routes run two days per week. Bus fares are affordable and depend on a passenger’s starting point and destination, ranging between $5 for local routes and $10 to $15 for long distance routes.
Voyago, the selected bus operator, is experienced and familiar with providing quality public transit services to many Southwest Ontario rural areas. The two new 26-foot, 18-passenger buses are wheelchair accessible and meet Accessibility for Ontarions for Disabilities Act (AODA) requirements.
Visit HuronShoresAreaTransit.ca for up-to-date route, schedule and bus fare information.
- Bayfield: Bayfield Garage (Esso) – 9 Main St. S.; GoCo – 34023 Mill Rd.
- Clinton: Mac’s – 89 Albert St.; Shell – 238 Albert St.
- Exeter: Esso – 544 Main St. S.; MacEwan – 198 Main St. S.; Shell – 119 Main St. N.; Hensall Co-Op Gas Bar – 51 Main St. N.
- Forest: Esso – 73 Main St. S. (Forest); Shell – 119 Main St. N., MacEwan – 198 Main St. N.
- Grand Bend: Esso – Ontario St. S.; Shell – 71146 Bluewater Hwy.
- Hensall: Shell – 80 London Rd. (Hwy. 4)
- Kettle & Stony Point: Al’s Gas & Variety – 9401 W. Ipperwash Rd.; Gas & Convenience – 7119 Lakeshore Rd.
- Port Franks / Northville: Goco – 8565 Lakeshore Rd.; MacPherson’s 8512 Lakeshore Rd.
- Thedford: GoCo – 78 Main St.
- Zurich: Petro Line – 29 Main St.
- Libro Credit Union, 7130 Arkona Rd. (County Road 79), 519-828-3971, full service branch.
- Bank of Montreal, 400 Main St. S., full service branch, ATM.
- CIBC, 44 Thames Rd. E., 519-235-1050, full service branch, ATM.
- Libro Credit Union, 87 Main St. N., 519-235-0640, full service branch, ATM.
- President’s Choice Financial (inside The Independent), ATM only.
- RBC Royal Bank, 226 Main St. S., 519-235-2111, full service branch, ATM.
- Scotiabank, 280 Main St. S., 519-235-1142, full service branch, ATM
- CIBC, 2 King St. W., 519-786-2356, full service branch, ATM.
- Libro Credit Union, 89 King St. W., ATM only.
- RBC Royal Bank, 7 King St. E., 519-786-2131, full service branch, ATM.
- TD Canada Trust, 15 King St. E., 519-786-2185, full service branch, ATM.
- Bank of Montreal, 6 Ontario St N, 519-238-2381, full service branch, ATM.
- Manulife, 21 Ontario St. N., ATM inside Circle K Convenience Store.
- Pinery Market,10163 Lakeshore Rd. (Highway21), no name ATM
- TD Canada Trust, 24 – 81 Crescent St., 519-238-8435, full service branch, ATM.
- CIBC, 244 Main St., 519-294-6291, full service branch, ATM.
- Main Street Credit Union, 260 Main St., 519-294-6277, full service branch, ATM
Other than the ATM locations at major banks and credit unions, here’s a list of seasonal locations:
- BJs Diner – outside of
- The Colonial Hotel (inside)
- The Dairy Dip – outside of
- Dairy Queen – outside of
- Gino’s Pizza
- Kazwear – outside of
- Circle K Convenience Store
- Yogun Fruz – outside of
Port Franks / Northville: Grog’s Pub & Grill and MacPherson’s Restauarant (both located inside)
Ipperwash / Kettle Point: Gas & Convenience (7119 Lakeshore Rd.), Al’s Gas & Variety (9401 W Ipperwash Rd,) and Arbor Acres Plaza (both on West Ipperwash Road).