SWIM. LOUNGE. PLAY. REPEAT.
*For up-to-date COVID19 Updates, please check the Lambton Shores Website
SEEKING ALL BEACH BUMS! Boasting some of the BEST BEACHES in Ontario and one of the BEST SUNSETS in the world, the Lake Huron shoreline from Ipperwash to Grand Bend to Bayfield offer beachgoers clean water, safe swimming, water sports and endless stretches of sand. Two dog-friendly beaches are located in Pinery Provincial Park.
BEACH WATER QUALITY INFOLINES:
- Lambton County (Grand Bend & South) 519-383-3816
- Huron County (Port Blake & North): 1-888-221-2135, hpph.ca
Swim hazard flags are posted on the lifeguard chairs. No flags are posted when lifeguards are not present.
- Green Flag – Good conditions, no unusual hazards. Lifeguard on duty.
- Yellow Flag – Caution. Moderate hazard. Rough water and strong current and/or strong offshore wind. Lifeguard on duty.
- Red Flag – Danger, high hazard. Extreme wave action and/or currents and/or E.coli count over 100/100 mL of beach water. Swimming not recommended. Lifeguard on duty.
- Red & Yellow Flag – Limit of supervised swimming area. Swim between flags.
- No Flag – No lifeguard on duty.
|Beach & Amenity||Bayfield Main Beach|
|Grand Bend Beach|
|Ipperwash Beach||Pinery Provincial|
|Port Blake CA|
|Houston Heights Beach||Howard Street Beach|
|Paid Parking or Entry Fee||?||?||?|
Pinery Provincial Park: Beach 8 – Barrier-free boardwalk; Beach 1 & 2 – Dog-friendly; Beach 3 – Public Phone; two all-terrain wheelchairs available. Rentals – bike, canoe, kayak, paddle-boat, ski and snowshoe. Flush toilets – Beach 3, 8 & 9.
Houston Heights Beach: access via staircase.