January 2021: To find out what restaurants are still operational during this latest shut-down, please visit ShorelineToGo.ca.
General Beach Information:
- Lambton Shores beaches are open: the Main Beach in Grand Bend and Ipperwash Beach. See additional notes below on Grand Bend’s Main Beach.
- Port Blake Day Park Beach is Closed! This is the beach at the north end of Grand Bend beside the water plant. It is owned/operated by the Municipality of South Huron. OPP have closed the Waterworks Road to prevent people from accessing the beach and they are handing out tickets for those who chose to ignore the signage.
- Pinery Provincial Park is open for overnight camping and activities. Their day beaches are open and they are monitoring capacity. Click here to check before you go! Note – they have no bike, paddle-boat or kayak/canoe rentals this summer due to Covid-19.
- Stores are open, please have masks and hand sanitizer handy and abide by retailer restrictions.
- Restaurants are open with many providing patio dining (weather permitting). (see ShorelineToGo.ca).
- Short term accommodation rentals are open.
- Private seasonal campgrounds are open (as per their operating season), however most are open only to their own seasonal campers and not to transient campers. Be sure to call ahead!
- Golf courses are open.
- CLOSED FOR THE WINTER: Marinas. (Port Franks public marina closed due to high water.)
NOTES ON GRAND BEND’s MAIN BEACH
- The beach is open 6am to 11pm.
- CLOSED FOR THE WINTER: washrooms and splash pad.
- There is absolutely NO barbequing or cooking allowed on the beach or even near the beach, that includes the parking lots. There is NO WHERE to BBQ in Grand Bend. Since Port Blake Day Park is closed, the ONLY place to BBQ is in Pinery Provincial Park.
Sports equipment and games on the beach are not allowed at this time, due to the risk of close contact with others. This includes Frisbees and balls.
- Social distance in groups of 10 people (imagine 2 metre diameter circle around your spot on the beach).
- As in previous years, there is no alcohol, no smoking, no vaping, no glass, no fires, no littering and no dogs allowed on the Beach. From May 1 to September 30, you may walk your leashed dog on the beach between 6am to 8am and again between 8pm to 11pm.
- Bylaw Officers can be reached at 519-243-1400 ext. 4.
Be Safe. Be Respectful. Be Kind.