- Lambton Shores beaches, including Grand Bend’s Main Beach, are open.
Due to high water levels and swimming safety, tents or canopies of any description are NOT allowed on the beach, as they block the view of the lifeguards. Please use umbrellas instead and keep the size to a centre pole height of no more than 7 feet 6 inches and circular shade no more than 9 feet in diameter. Umbrellas are to be placed back of the lifeguard stands (think of an imaginary line running along the beach and if using an umbrella setup behind that line) so as not to block the lifeguard’s view of the water’s edge and beyond.
Sports equipment and games on the beach are not allowed at this time, due to the risk of close contact with others. This includes Frisbees and balls.
- Pinery Provincial Park is open for overnight camping and activities. Click here to check before you go!
- Stores are open, please have masks and hand sanitizer handy so that you can abide by retailer restrictions.
- Restaurants remain open for take out and many are in transition to outdoor patio dining. (see ShorelineToGo.ca).
- Short term accommodation rentals are allowed.
- Private seasonal campgrounds are open, however most are open only to their own seasonal campers and not to transient campers.
- Social group size is now 10.
- Golf courses are open.
- Marinas are open; call ahead and confirm. (Port Franks public marina is closed this summer due to high water)
The Ontario government extended emergency orders until July 15, 2020. For more information visit the Ontario Government Website. Handy FAQs answered by Lambton Public Health.