It’s sometimes hard to please everyone when choosing a vacation destination. Some want to lounge around in the sun all day, others want to get out and explore local culture. Some want to do both. Lake Huron’s shoreline is the perfect destination for those who want it all.
PROFESSIONAL LIVE THEATRE
Huron Country Playhouse
Main Stage & Playhouse II, Grand Bend
In the Mainstage
- Fiddler on the Loose (June 10-27, 2020)
- 42nd Street (July 2 – 18, 2020)
- Rock of Ages (July 23 – August 15, 2020)
- Kinky Boots (August 20 – September 5, 2020)
In Playhouse II
- Sleeping Beauty: The Panto (July 2-18, 2020)
- The Dixie Swim Club (July 23 – August 8, 2020)
- A Closer Walk with Patsy Cline (August 20 – September 5, 2020)
Victoria Playhouse, Petrolia
- The Roaring Twenties (April 28-May 16),
- On Golden Pond (June 2-21),
- Dynamic Duos (July 7-26),
- The Power of Song 2: Divine Women (August 4-23),
- When Irish Eyes Are Smiling (September 8-27),
- Wingfield Lost and Found (October 6-18).
- Airborne: The Life and Legacy of Lorna Bray June (June 10-August 8),
- Liars at a Funeral (June 24-August 8),
- Fair Play (July 15-September 3),
- Playing With Fire: The Theo Fleury Story (September 9-26).
- Chicago (April 11-November 1),
- Hamlet (April 23-October 25),
- Wendy & Peter Pan (April 24-November 1),
- Richard III (May 6-October 23),
- Much Ado About Nothing (May 7-October 23),
- Monty Python’s Spamalot (May 9-October 25),
- All’s Well That Ends Well (May 15-October 24),
- Three Tall Women (May 27-September 27),
- Here’s What It Takes (June 5-October 24),
- An Undiscovered Shakespeare (June 30-September 18),
- The Rez Sisters (July 21-September 26), Wolf Hall (July 28-October 24),
- The Miser (August 2-October 24),
- Frankenstein Revived (August 2-October 22),
- Hamlet-911 (August 5-September 26).
The Livery / Goderich Little Theatre
The Livery presents a number of theatrical productions under the Goderich Little Theatre flag, as well as a national and international film series April through September and live musical concerts.
- Civility Row (March 5 – 8 and 12 – 15),
- Mamma Mia! (May 1 – 10 and 14 – 17).
FOR MOVIE GOERS
Kineto Theatre, Forest
In operation since 1917 and one of the world’s oldest movie theatres, Kineto is open four days a week, year round. Some movies shown in 3D. Call or go online to find out what’s playing. kineto.ca, 519-786-2303, 24 King Street West.
Starlite Drive-In, Grand Bend
What could be more fun than enjoying the remaining heat of a summer day while bundling the kids up in their pajamas to watch a movie under the stars? Call or go online to find out what’s playing. starlitedriveintheatre.com, 519-238-8344, 36752 Crediton Road.
Park Theatre, Goderich
Two screens playing current movies. movielinks.ca/park-theatre-goderich , 1-800-265-3438, 30 The Square, Goderich.
YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS
- Forest Film Festival, Forest – January 20 & 22, February 17 & 19 & March 16 & 18, 2020
- Lambton Film & Food Festival, Forest – May 21-24, 2020
- The Livery Film Fest, Goderich – September to November
See Festivals & Events for more events, dates, times and details.