Visit ShorelineToGo.ca – a new website devoted to local restaurants providing takeout and delivery options.
- Grand Bend’s Main Beach remains closed, as are all Municipal public spaces and washrooms.
- Stores that are open (call the store ahead to confirm) are doing order ahead and curbside pickup.
- Pinery Park is open for day-use only, meaning no overnight camping and their facilities, including washrooms, are closed.
- Restaurants that are open are doing take out only. For some you will need to order a few days or 24-hours ahead of time and arrange for a pick-up time (see ShorelineToGo.ca).
- All cottage rentals and other short term accommodation (i.e. AirBnb, VRBO etc.) remain shut-down under emergency order.
- Private seasonal campgrounds are allowed to open, however – if you own a trailer in a seasonal park – you will need to contact your park’s administrator to find out if they are open. Just because Premier Ford says they can open, does not mean they will be. Additionally, overnight use is NOT encouraged. Private Campgrounds fact sheet (PDF).
- Cottage property owners are advised that if they absolutely have to go to their cottage, they are to bring all their supplies with them and stay at their property. No socializing.
- Groups of no more than 5 family members living in the same household.
- Golf courses are allowed open; call ahead and find out if the course in which you’re interested in golfing is actually open!
- Marinas are allowed to be open; call ahead and confirm.
The Ontario government extended emergency orders until June 9, 2020. This extension includes the closure of outdoor amenities in parks and recreational areas, non-essential workplaces, public places and bars and restaurants, along with restrictions on social gatherings and limiting staff from working in more than one retirement home or long-term care home. For more information visit the Ontario Government Website. Handy FAQs answered by Lambton Public Health.
The beach is a magical place where time stands still and the day can be spent relaxing on soft sand or surfing Lake Hurons’ pristine blue water. Visitors and residents agree Grand Bend Area beaches are the best and It Starts At The Beach and Ends Where You Want!
EVENTS: See all events